How To Get Rid Of Razor Bumps Fast
How to get rid of razor bumps fast? This question has perplexed medical professionals and the numerous men who regularly get razor bumps. It is not as difficult as many would have you think. Anyone that has ever suffered from razor bumps knows firsthand how irritating, painful, ugly and downright embarrassing they can be. The medical term for this persistent irritation that is caused by shaving is Pseudofolliculitis Barbae, also called shave bumps, barber’s itch, folliculitis barbae traumatic, scarring pseudofolliculitis of the beard, or razor bumps.
Although this condition affects many people, it is most common in African American men and people of color with very curly hair. Razor bumps most often occur on the face of men but also occurs on other parts of the body where shaving takes place, especially where the skin is more sensitive and where the hair is curly such as the genital area.
The development of razor bumps happens when the shaved hair gets trapped inside the follicle or grows inward back into the skin. This usually leads to an inflammation reaction and can cause the skin to look as though there are pimples on it. What you are really looking at is called papules or pustules, which can form if the area of shaved skin becomes infected. If left untreated for a period of time, scarring will normally form in that area.
Halting problematic razor bumps can be easier said than done for many. When equipped with proper knowledge, as well as highly effective products to get the job done, the results leave many of the most skeptical critics speechless.
The procedure of how to get rid of razor bumps fast is incredibly easy to implement and should become a part of your regular routine. Although many users see results overnight, we normally ask users to give the product at least several days of continued use before they expect to start seeing results but not to become overly astonished if they see results overnight because it’s not unusual to see such results so quickly.
We are going to outline just a couple of quick notes before we get into the process. There are some simple steps that can be taken to teach you how to get rid of razor bumps fast or possibly eliminate the constant breakouts.
First and foremost, you should never use a cleanser that has alcohol in it. As a matter of fact, you should never use any type of product on your face that has alcohol in it. Alcohol tends to have a drying effect and can also irritate your skin. Also, make sure that the products that you use do not have perfume in them, as this may help to cause more irritation.
You should also use a cleanser that is all natural and one that does not contain any animal fat or petroleum.
Simple Steps Of How To Get Rid Of Razor Bumps Fast
1. Rinse your face or the area that you’re going to shave with warm water. Gently apply cleanser to the area that you’re going to shave. (We only recommend an all natural, high quality cleanser for absolute best results)
2. Lather the cleanser in area to be shaved and let stand for 30 seconds to a minute before shaving. Do Not scrub your skin when lathering. If razor bumps are more severe, let lather stand for a couple of minutes before shaving. (If lather starts to disappear, wet face and apply more cleanser before shaving.)
3. Use a new razor blade to start shaving. For a clean shave, we recommend a razor that has several blades. Shave in the direction that your hair naturally grows. NOTE: When rinsing your razor blade, use cold water only. Warm or hot water will make the blades dull causing the razor blades to pull on your skin instead of gliding across your skin. This will also greatly irritate your skin, so never, never rinse blades in warm or hot water.
4. Rinse shaved areas with cool water.
5. Apply a high quality moisturizer after shaving to put moisture back into your skin.
Believe it or not, that is the entire process. It really can’t get any easier than this to rid your skin of razor bumps. This process should be practiced on a daily basis for best results.